Next: A Practical Example
Up: Bayesian networks
- Probabilities in links obey standard conditional probability axioms.
- Therefore follow links in reaching hypothesis and update beliefs
- A few broad classes of algorithms have bee used to help with this:
- Pearls's message passing method.
- Clique triangulation.
- Stochastic methods.
- Basically they all take advantage of clusters in the network and
use their limits on the influence to constrain the search through net.
- They also ensure that probabilities are updated correctly.
- Since information is local information can be readily added and
deleted with minimum effect on the whole network. ONLY affected nodes