Up: CGI Script Input: Accepting
Previous: A Simple Form CGI
There are basic ways to process or parse input in a Perl
- Do it yourself -- write several lines of Perl code to process the input.
- Use pre-written Perl libraries -- somebody has already done the arduous task
of writing Perl code to parse input.
Which option would you choose?
Bear in mind that:
- Input can be provide by different mechanism.
- Input of many arguments, name/value pairs may get complex.
- We do not know enough Perl to do it ourselves yet!!
- Prewritten code has been extensively tested -- It should work.
THE INFORMED VIEW IS TO USE: pre-written Perl libraries
There are many Perl libraries available to read and parse CGI input. These are
freely available on the World Wide Web