Next: Representing How to Use
Up: Procedural Knowledge Representations
Previous: Declarative or Procedural?
Let us consider what knowledge an alphabetical sorter would need:
- Implicit knowledge that A comes before B etc.
- This is easy -- really integer comparison of (ASCII) codes for
- All programs contain procedural knowledge of this sort.
- The procedural information here is that knowledge of how to
alphabetise is represented explicitly in the alphabetisation procedure.
- A declarative system might have to have explicit facts like A comes
before B, B comes before C etc..