Next: Further reading
Up: Logic Knowledge Representation
Previous: Isa and instance relationships
- First order logic basically extends predicate calculus to allow:
- functions -- return objects not just TRUE/FALSE.
- equals predicate added.
- Problem solving and theorem proving -- large application areas.
- STRIPS robot planning system employs a first order logic system to
enhance its means-ends analysis (GPS) planning. This amalgamation provided a
very powerful heuristic search.
- Question answering systems.