Past And Current Projects
Below are some of the projects I have been involved in over the past decade or so.
- SHIWA (PI, £230,943 EU, July 10-13) – to leverage existing workflow based solutions and enable cross-workflow and inter-workflow exploitation of DCIs by applying both coarse- and fine-grained strategies.
- EDGI (PI, £147,520 EU, June 10-13) - develop middleware that consolidates EDGeS results concerning the extension of Service Grids with Desktop Grids (DGs) to support demanding Distributed Computing Infrastructures (DCIs) users in the European Grid Initiative (EGI) and National Grid Initiative user communities.
- Sintero Server: (PI, £1,123,148, Wellcome Trust, UK, June 2009 to June 2011) to develop computer hardware and software that automatically forms and maintains high quality collaborative networks between sets of geographically-distributed installation sites.
- EDGeS: (PI, €261,312 (£220,000), European Commission, Jan 2008 Jan 2010)) Enabling Desktop Grids for e-Science, creating a cross-platform toolkit for translating between Grid and desktop Grid environments.
- TRIACS: Triana Advanced Clinical Support Applications in Diabetic Retinopathy (PI, £80,314, Oct 07, Nov 08) – Applying the Triana workflow environment to decision support in retinopathy.
- WHIP: The my experiment workflow companion (PI, £222,361, OMII-UK, March 2007, March 2009) – Creating a toolkit for hosting workflow environments within portals.
- DART: Distributed Audio Using Triana (PI, £73,967, STFC, March 07, Nov 07) - Investigating commercial possibilities for distributed audio applications using Triana
- GridNet Funding (Pi, £4,500, Feb 2006-April 2008) – funding to attend OGF conferences.
- Secure Decentralised Data Sharing in Dynamic Distributed Networks (PI, £106,722, EPSRC, Sept 2005-Sept 2008) - Research To address scalability and security within large scale dynamic environments.
- CoreGrid: Network of Excellence (co-PI, EU, £68,806, Sept 2004 to Sept 2008) - European Research Network on Foundations, Software Infrastructures and plications for large scale distributed, Grid and Peer-to-Peer Technologies.
- GridOneD 2 (co PI, £274,720, PPARC, March 2005 to March 2007) - Applying GridOneD tools developed for Triana to astronomy applications in gravitational wave data analysis (in Cardiff) and for radio astronomy in Manchester University.
- Grant Name Gravitational Wave Data Analysis and Astrophysical Source Modelling (Investigator, £1,100,224, Oct 2004 to Oct 2009) - The GEO 600 project for building a gravitational wave detector. Cardiff focuses on the data analysis aspects and Triana is one environment used for analysis.
- GridLab (co PI, £289,433, EU, Jan 02 to April 05). A Grid Application Toolkit and Testbed to create a stable application-level toolkit (the Grid Application Toolkit) for Grid computing.
- GridOneD 1 (co PI, £352,607, PPARC, Nov 01 to March 2005) - Investigating resource discover y, legacy application integration and peer-to-peer techniques for creating Java middleware for Grid Applications — based around the Triana problem solving environment.