|Shakti with John McLaughlin||A Handful Of Beauty|
A Handful Of Beauty. Firstly, this album should have had a different title. Rock fans of the day (early 1977) did not want to purchase an album with such a title. It didn't help any to have a picture of John McLaughlin on the cover dressed and smiling as if was a guru himself. What is really interesting about this album is its overall darkness. This is in stark contrast to its album cover which indicates joy and peace and all the elements which were stretched beyond endurance in the 1970's.
1. La Danse du Bonheur - (4:48)
2. Lady L - (7:23) (L.Shankar)
3. India - (12:31) (J.McLaughlin/L.Shankar)
4. Kriti - (2:58) (trad. South Indian composition)
5. Isis - (15:11) (J.McLaughlin/L.Shankar)
6. Two Sisters - (4:41) (J.McLaughlin)
John McLaughlin - acoustic guitar
Recorded in August 1976 at Trident Studios, London.
|Sony SRCS 7015 (p) 1977|