School of Computer Science & Informatics
Queen's Buildings, 5 The Parade, Roath
Cardiff CF24 3AA, UK
+44(0)29 2087 76996
I am a lecturer (~assistant professor) in the School of Computer Science and Informatics
at Cardiff University. Prior to this, I completed a European Marie Curie International Outgoing Fellowship. During the outgoing phase of this fellowship I worked at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) while during the incoming phase I worked at University College Dublin (UCD).
Broadly speaking my research focuses on solving spatial problems. I am particularly interested in applications to the domains of geographical information science and robotics. For more information see my publications page.
- April 2018 — Paper on optimising placement of electric vehicle charging stations accepted in Computers & Operations Research journal.
- March 2018 — Paper on modelling topological spatial relationships accepted in IEEE Access journal.
- March 2018 — Paper on pedestrian safety modelling accepted at GIScience Research UK (GISRUK) Conference.
- Oct. 2017 — Paper on the placement of electrical vehicle charging stations accepted at International Conference on Computational Logistics.
- Sept. 2017 — Paper on modelling swarm behaviour accepted in IEEE Access journal.
- Dec. 2016 — Paper on topological path planning accepted in Sensors journal.
- Oct. 2016 — Received "Best Fast Forward Presentation" award at the ACM SIGSPATIAL 2016 conference.
- Sept. 2016 — Paper accepted at the ACM SIGSPATIAL 2016 conference.
- June. 2016 — Paper accepted at the European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery (ECML-PKDD) 2016.
- Aug. 2015 — Paper accepted at the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation 2016; acceptance rate 34%.
- Sept. 2015 — I have left UCD to take up a faculty position in Cardiff University.
- Aug. 2015 — Full paper accepted at the ACM SIGSPATIAL 2015 conference; acceptance rate 18%.